classification
Title: PEP 383: os.statvfs() does not accept surrogateescape arguments
Type: behavior Stage: test needed
Components: Extension Modules Versions: Python 3.2
process
Status: closed Resolution: fixed
Dependencies: Superseder:
Assigned To: Nosy List: baikie, python-dev, serhiy.storchaka, vstinner
Priority: normal Keywords: patch

Created on 2010-08-19 18:40 by baikie, last changed 2013-01-01 22:23 by vstinner. This issue is now closed.

Files
File name Uploaded Description Edit
statvfs-pep383-3.2.diff baikie, 2010-08-19 18:40 Use PyUnicode_FSConverter() in statvfs() (for 3.2)
Messages (6)
msg114392 - (view) Author: David Watson (baikie) Date: 2010-08-19 18:40
The statvfs() function still converts its argument with the "s"
format; the attached patch (for 3.2) fixes it to use
PyUnicode_FSConverter().
msg178696 - (view) Author: Serhiy Storchaka (serhiy.storchaka) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-12-31 15:53
This was fixed in 3.3 (the complex solution is not backportable), therefore this is 3.2 only issue.
msg178697 - (view) Author: Serhiy Storchaka (serhiy.storchaka) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-12-31 16:08
At first sight the patch looks good, but test needed.
msg178765 - (view) Author: Roundup Robot (python-dev) (Python triager) Date: 2013-01-01 22:13
New changeset 479fca0adbf6 by Victor Stinner in branch '3.2':
Issue #9644: Fix the encoding used by os.statvfs(): use the filesystem encoding
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/479fca0adbf6

New changeset b0cc0b9e2472 by Victor Stinner in branch '3.3':
Issue #9644: Add a test on os.statvfs() for the PEP 383
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/b0cc0b9e2472
msg178766 - (view) Author: Roundup Robot (python-dev) (Python triager) Date: 2013-01-01 22:18
New changeset dbe607fdc271 by Victor Stinner in branch 'default':
(Merge 3.3) Issue #9644: Add a test on os.statvfs() for the PEP 383
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/dbe607fdc271
msg178767 - (view) Author: STINNER Victor (vstinner) * (Python committer) Date: 2013-01-01 22:23
@baikie: Thanks for the fix, I applied it to Python 3.2 and I added a test. I also added the patch to Python 3.3 and 3.3. You may migrate to Python 3.3, it has a better support for undecodable filenames ;-)
History
Date User Action Args
2013-01-01 22:23:37vstinnersetstatus: open -> closed
resolution: fixed
messages: + msg178767
2013-01-01 22:18:08python-devsetmessages: + msg178766
2013-01-01 22:13:16python-devsetnosy: + python-dev
messages: + msg178765
2012-12-31 16:08:07serhiy.storchakasetmessages: + msg178697
stage: patch review -> test needed
2012-12-31 15:53:09serhiy.storchakasetversions: - Python 3.1
nosy: + vstinner, serhiy.storchaka

messages: + msg178696

stage: patch review
2010-08-19 18:40:35baikiecreate