classification
Title: pl.python.org has expired cert and links to nonexistent django.pl page
Type: Stage:
Components: Documentation Versions:
process
Status: open Resolution:
Dependencies: Superseder:
Assigned To: docs@python Nosy List: EWDurbin, amaajemyfren, docs@python, hanno
Priority: normal Keywords:

Created on 2020-05-21 18:17 by hanno, last changed 2020-05-21 20:32 by EWDurbin.

Messages (5)
msg369531 - (view) Author: Hanno Boeck (hanno) * Date: 2020-05-21 18:17
I'm not sure if this is a good place to report this, but I haven't found a separate bug tracker or feedback contact for the webpages.

https://pl.python.org/
has an expired certificate and it contains a prominent link to django.pl, which itself returns a DNS SERVFAIL error.
msg369535 - (view) Author: Ama Aje My Fren (amaajemyfren) * Date: 2020-05-21 19:52
Hello,

I am not absolutely sure but I suspect this should be directed to the
infrastructure team. There is an infrastructure email list. I am hoping one
can write to them without being a member of the group as I have done.

Thanks

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Hanno Boeck <report@bugs.python.org> wrote:

>
> New submission from Hanno Boeck <hanno@hboeck.de>:
>
> I'm not sure if this is a good place to report this, but I haven't found a
> separate bug tracker or feedback contact for the webpages.
>
> https://pl.python.org/
> has an expired certificate and it contains a prominent link to django.pl,
> which itself returns a DNS SERVFAIL error.
>
> ----------
> assignee: docs@python
> components: Documentation
> messages: 369531
> nosy: docs@python, hanno
> priority: normal
> severity: normal
> status: open
> title: pl.python.org has expired cert and links to nonexistent django.pl
> page
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <https://bugs.python.org/issue40717>
> _______________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> docs mailing list -- docs@python.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to docs-leave@python.org
> https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/docs.python.org/
> Member address: amaajemyfren@gmail.com
>
msg369537 - (view) Author: Ernest W. Durbin III (EWDurbin) * (Python triager) Date: 2020-05-21 20:26
pl.python.org is a delegated domain.

I’ve contacted them repeatedly as we monitor *.python.org public CT records
for expiring certificates with no response.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:23:16 PM, Ama Aje My Fren (amaajemyfren@gmail.com)
wrote:

Hello,

I am not absolutely sure but I suspect this should be directed to the
infrastructure team. There is an infrastructure email list. I am hoping one
can write to them without being a member of the group as I have done.

Thanks

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Hanno Boeck <report@bugs.python.org> wrote:

>
> New submission from Hanno Boeck <hanno@hboeck.de>:
>
> I'm not sure if this is a good place to report this, but I haven't found a
> separate bug tracker or feedback contact for the webpages.
>
> https://pl.python.org/
> has an expired certificate and it contains a prominent link to django.pl,
> which itself returns a DNS SERVFAIL error.
>
> ----------
> assignee: docs@python
> components: Documentation
> messages: 369531
> nosy: docs@python, hanno
> priority: normal
> severity: normal
> status: open
> title: pl.python.org has expired cert and links to nonexistent django.pl
> page
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <https://bugs.python.org/issue40717>
> _______________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> docs mailing list -- docs@python.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to docs-leave@python.org
> https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/docs.python.org/
> Member address: amaajemyfren@gmail.com
>
________________________________________________
Infrastructure mailing list
Infrastructure@python.org
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
Unsubscribe:
https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/infrastructure/ewdurbin%40gmail.com
msg369538 - (view) Author: Ernest W. Durbin III (EWDurbin) * (Python triager) Date: 2020-05-21 20:27
Correction, pl.python.org is just a single record.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:26:48 PM, Ernest W. Durbin III (ewdurbin@gmail.com)
wrote:

pl.python.org is a delegated domain.

I’ve contacted them repeatedly as we monitor *.python.org public CT records
for expiring certificates with no response.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:23:16 PM, Ama Aje My Fren (amaajemyfren@gmail.com)
wrote:

Hello,

I am not absolutely sure but I suspect this should be directed to the
infrastructure team. There is an infrastructure email list. I am hoping one
can write to them without being a member of the group as I have done.

Thanks

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Hanno Boeck <report@bugs.python.org> wrote:

>
> New submission from Hanno Boeck <hanno@hboeck.de>:
>
> I'm not sure if this is a good place to report this, but I haven't found a
> separate bug tracker or feedback contact for the webpages.
>
> https://pl.python.org/
> has an expired certificate and it contains a prominent link to django.pl,
> which itself returns a DNS SERVFAIL error.
>
> ----------
> assignee: docs@python
> components: Documentation
> messages: 369531
> nosy: docs@python, hanno
> priority: normal
> severity: normal
> status: open
> title: pl.python.org has expired cert and links to nonexistent django.pl
> page
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <https://bugs.python.org/issue40717>
> _______________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> docs mailing list -- docs@python.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to docs-leave@python.org
> https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/docs.python.org/
> Member address: amaajemyfren@gmail.com
>
________________________________________________
Infrastructure mailing list
Infrastructure@python.org
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
Unsubscribe:
https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/infrastructure/ewdurbin%40gmail.com
msg369539 - (view) Author: Ernest W. Durbin III (EWDurbin) * (Python triager) Date: 2020-05-21 20:32
Apologies, the correction was… incorrect.

pl.python.org is delegated in its entirety.

I’ve contacted the admins and given them final notice to renew the
certificate. This is a recurring issue that is seen in our CT log
monitoring. If it continues they risk their subdomain delegation.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:27:20 PM, Ernest W. Durbin III (ewdurbin@gmail.com)
wrote:

Correction, pl.python.org is just a single record.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:26:48 PM, Ernest W. Durbin III (ewdurbin@gmail.com)
wrote:

pl.python.org is a delegated domain.

I’ve contacted them repeatedly as we monitor *.python.org public CT records
for expiring certificates with no response.

-Ernest

On May 21, 2020 at 4:23:16 PM, Ama Aje My Fren (amaajemyfren@gmail.com)
wrote:

Hello,

I am not absolutely sure but I suspect this should be directed to the
infrastructure team. There is an infrastructure email list. I am hoping one
can write to them without being a member of the group as I have done.

Thanks

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Hanno Boeck <report@bugs.python.org> wrote:

>
> New submission from Hanno Boeck <hanno@hboeck.de>:
>
> I'm not sure if this is a good place to report this, but I haven't found a
> separate bug tracker or feedback contact for the webpages.
>
> https://pl.python.org/
> has an expired certificate and it contains a prominent link to django.pl,
> which itself returns a DNS SERVFAIL error.
>
> ----------
> assignee: docs@python
> components: Documentation
> messages: 369531
> nosy: docs@python, hanno
> priority: normal
> severity: normal
> status: open
> title: pl.python.org has expired cert and links to nonexistent django.pl
> page
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <https://bugs.python.org/issue40717>
> _______________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> docs mailing list -- docs@python.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to docs-leave@python.org
> https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/docs.python.org/
> Member address: amaajemyfren@gmail.com
>
________________________________________________
Infrastructure mailing list
Infrastructure@python.org
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
Unsubscribe:
https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/infrastructure/ewdurbin%40gmail.com
History
Date User Action Args
2020-05-21 20:32:40EWDurbinsetmessages: + msg369539
2020-05-21 20:27:24EWDurbinsetmessages: + msg369538
2020-05-21 20:26:51EWDurbinsetnosy: + EWDurbin
messages: + msg369537
2020-05-21 19:52:19amaajemyfrensetnosy: + amaajemyfren
messages: + msg369535
2020-05-21 18:17:25hannocreate