This issue tracker has been migrated to GitHub, and is currently read-only.
For more information, see the GitHub FAQs in the Python's Developer Guide.

Author lemburg
Recipients Zooko.Wilcox-O'Hearn, christian.heimes, corona10, gregory.p.smith, jstasiak, kmaork, larry, lemburg, mgorny, oconnor663, xtreak
Date 2022-03-23.19:48:06
SpamBayes Score -1.0
Marked as misclassified Yes
Message-id <>
In-reply-to <>
Here's a wheel which only includes the portable code (I disabled
all the special cases as you suggested).

Archive:  dist/blake3_experimental_c-0.0.1-cp310-cp310-linux_x86_64.whl
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
   297680  2022-03-23 19:26
     3183  2022-03-23 19:26   blake3_experimental_c-0.0.1.dist-info/METADATA
      105  2022-03-23 19:26   blake3_experimental_c-0.0.1.dist-info/WHEEL
        7  2022-03-23 19:26   blake3_experimental_c-0.0.1.dist-info/top_level.txt
      451  2022-03-23 19:26   blake3_experimental_c-0.0.1.dist-info/RECORD
---------                     -------
   301426                     5 files

I didn't run any benchmarks, but it's clear that the SIMD code was
used in my initial build and this adds some 50kB to the .so file.
This is on a older Linux x64 box with Intel i7-4770k CPU.

Could be that the Rust version adds several such SIMD variants and
then branches based on the platform running the code.

In any case, the C extension is indeed very easy to build and
install with a standard compiler setup.
Date User Action Args
2022-03-23 19:48:06lemburgsetrecipients: + lemburg, gregory.p.smith, larry, christian.heimes, mgorny, Zooko.Wilcox-O'Hearn, jstasiak, oconnor663, corona10, xtreak, kmaork
2022-03-23 19:48:06lemburglinkissue39298 messages
2022-03-23 19:48:06lemburgcreate