Author risto3
Recipients akira, ezio.melotti, risto3, vstinner
Date 2016-01-02.07:42:23
SpamBayes Score -1.0
Marked as misclassified Yes
Message-id <1451720544.78.0.033502300781.issue23315@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
In-reply-to
Content
I notice similar problems, as found when running the test suite for lxml 3.5.0 on python2.7

======================================================================
ERROR: test_etree_parse_io_error (lxml.tests.test_io.ETreeIOTestCase)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/unittest/case.py", line 329, in run
    testMethod()
  File "/tmp/pkgsrc/textproc/py-lxml/work/lxml-3.5.0/src/lxml/tests/test_io.py", line 276, in test_etree_parse_io_error
    dn = tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix=dirnameRU)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 339, in mkdtemp
    _os.mkdir(file, 0700)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 40-53: ordinal not in range(128)

======================================================================
ERROR: test_etree_parse_io_error (lxml.tests.test_io.ElementTreeIOTestCase)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/unittest/case.py", line 329, in run
    testMethod()
  File "/tmp/pkgsrc/textproc/py-lxml/work/lxml-3.5.0/src/lxml/tests/test_io.py", line 276, in test_etree_parse_io_error
    dn = tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix=dirnameRU)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 339, in mkdtemp
    _os.mkdir(file, 0700)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 40-53: ordinal not in range(128)


the code snippet is in test_io.py", line 276

   266	    def test_etree_parse_io_error(self):
   267		# this is a directory name that contains characters beyond latin-1
   268		dirnameEN = _str('Directory')
   269		dirnameRU = _str('КÐ\260Ñ\032Ð\260Ð\273Ð\276Ð\263')
   270		filename = _str('nosuchfile.xml')
   271		dn = tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix=dirnameEN)
   272		try:
   273		    self.assertRaises(IOError, self.etree.parse, os.path.join(dn, filename))
   274		finally:
   275		    os.rmdir(dn)
   276		dn = tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix=dirnameRU)
   277		try:
   278		    self.assertRaises(IOError, self.etree.parse, os.path.join(dn, filename))
   279		finally:
   280		    os.rmdir(dn)

even if I change dirnameRU to a simple French 'Répertoire' I still get errors...

It is not an option to upgrade to 3.0, sorry.

BTW, I tried passing dirnameRU.encode('utf-8') but that just generates
a different error:

ERROR: test_etree_parse_io_error (lxml.tests.test_io.ETreeIOTestCase)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/unittest/case.py", line 329, in run
    testMethod()
  File "/tmp/pkgsrc/textproc/py-lxml/work/lxml-3.5.0/src/lxml/tests/test_io.py", line 278, in test_etree_parse_io_error
    self.assertRaises(IOError, self.etree.parse, os.path.join(dn, filename))
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 73, in join
    path += '/' + b
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 40: ordinal not in range(128)
History
Date User Action Args
2016-01-02 07:42:24risto3setrecipients: + risto3, vstinner, ezio.melotti, akira
2016-01-02 07:42:24risto3setmessageid: <1451720544.78.0.033502300781.issue23315@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
2016-01-02 07:42:24risto3linkissue23315 messages
2016-01-02 07:42:23risto3create