Author ctheune
Recipients brett.cannon, ctheune, docs@python, ezio.melotti, flox, loewis, madison.may, ncoghlan, ned.deily, r.david.murray, twouters
Date 2014-04-16.23:15:06
SpamBayes Score -1.0
Marked as misclassified Yes
Message-id <1397690106.85.0.0107009173641.issue21202@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
In-reply-to
Content
I managed to create a patch that relies (in hopefully reasonably safe manner) on embedding an object repr for identification in this and similar cases. This is basically what implements what Martin suggested.

Caveat emptor: my C knowledge is only good enough to be dangerous. Thomas Wouters and RDM helped me through it.

I haven't adapted the tests yet (lots of failures due to the output change) but I managed them to stop crashing.

The 'repr.py' in the root is my current testbed to see what's going on.
History
Date User Action Args
2014-04-16 23:15:06ctheunesetrecipients: + ctheune, loewis, twouters, brett.cannon, ncoghlan, ned.deily, ezio.melotti, r.david.murray, flox, docs@python, madison.may
2014-04-16 23:15:06ctheunesetmessageid: <1397690106.85.0.0107009173641.issue21202@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
2014-04-16 23:15:06ctheunelinkissue21202 messages
2014-04-16 23:15:06ctheunecreate