This issue tracker has been migrated to GitHub, and is currently read-only.
For more information, see the GitHub FAQs in the Python's Developer Guide.

Author fviard
Recipients docs@python, fviard, r.david.murray, terry.reedy
Date 2013-10-08.12:30:42
SpamBayes Score -1.0
Marked as misclassified Yes
Message-id <>
Thank you for your reply.
But I just realised that in my bug issue, I completely forgot to indicate what is "req" and so this is maybe the root of you telling me that the best is to fix the client code side as the traceback could be confusing.

This is how is defined req.:
opener = urllib2.build_opener(proxy_handler)
req    = urllib2.Request(url_src)

while 1:
  read_list = select([req], ...)[0]
  if read_list:

I found this issue with python 2.7, but I don't care a lot for it to be fixed in 2.7. As I saw that the code looks unchanged in python 3.x, I just reported the issue for it to be fixed/better handled in 3.x :-)
Date User Action Args
2013-10-08 12:30:42fviardsetrecipients: + fviard, terry.reedy, r.david.murray, docs@python
2013-10-08 12:30:42fviardsetmessageid: <>
2013-10-08 12:30:42fviardlinkissue19154 messages
2013-10-08 12:30:42fviardcreate