Author asksol
Recipients asksol
Date 2010-10-06.11:25:55
SpamBayes Score 2.28215e-06
Marked as misclassified No
Message-id <1286364358.68.0.746245038707.issue10037@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
In-reply-to
Content
While working on an "autoscaling" (yes, people call it that...) feature for Celery, I noticed that the processes created by the _handle_workers thread doesn't always work.  I have reproduced this in general, by just using the maxtasksperchild feature and letting the workers terminate themselves so this seems to have always been an issue (just not easy to reproduce unless workers are created with some frequency)

I'm not quite sure of the reason yet, but I finally managed to track it down to the workers being stuck while receiving from the queue.

The patch attached seems to resolve the issue by polling the queue before trying to receive.

I know this is short, I may have some more data later.
History
Date User Action Args
2010-10-06 11:25:59asksolsetrecipients: + asksol
2010-10-06 11:25:58asksolsetmessageid: <1286364358.68.0.746245038707.issue10037@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
2010-10-06 11:25:57asksollinkissue10037 messages
2010-10-06 11:25:56asksolcreate