Author vstinner
Recipients Arfrever, ezio.melotti, vstinner
Date 2010-07-30.03:25:18
SpamBayes Score 3.81996e-06
Marked as misclassified No
Message-id <1280460321.06.0.615450284551.issue9425@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
In-reply-to
Content
Another important TODO: use weak references for the code objects list.

--

I tested my patch on Windows. I fixes #8988 because non-ASCII characters are now correctly decoded with mbcs and not UTF-8. But it doesn't work with characters not encodable to mbcs. It looks like there are some remaining code using byte string. I fixed some of them in import_unicode branch, but it's not enough.

It is not easy to investigate because Visual Studio refuse to compile the project if the project directory contains a character not encodable to mbcs. And it is unable to debug python if the project directory is renamed after the compilation. I will maybe retry with Cygwin or with the old school "printf" method.

It looks like few Windows applications support characters not encodable to mbcs (locale encoding): MinGW and WinSCP do neither support such characters.
History
Date User Action Args
2010-07-30 03:25:21vstinnersetrecipients: + vstinner, ezio.melotti, Arfrever
2010-07-30 03:25:21vstinnersetmessageid: <1280460321.06.0.615450284551.issue9425@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
2010-07-30 03:25:19vstinnerlinkissue9425 messages
2010-07-30 03:25:18vstinnercreate