On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Marc-Andre Lemburg <email@example.com> wrote:
I'm just not sure how you could check for optimization
compiler bugs/features using the buildbots.
Once I have a patch that I'm modestly confident in, I'll write automated tests to go with it.
The tests will (at minimum):
- Create a tweaked copy of pyconfig.h that uses the opposite Unicode settings (UCS4 v UCS2)
- Build an extension module in Unicode-agnostic mode
- Make sure it loads and works
- Build an extension module in Unicode-sensitive mode
- Make sure it doesn't load