classification
Title: No IDLE
Type: resource usage Stage:
Components: IDLE Versions: Python 3.2
process
Status: closed Resolution: works for me
Dependencies: Superseder:
Assigned To: Nosy List: James.Lu, brian.curtin, loewis, roger.serwy
Priority: normal Keywords:

Created on 2012-04-25 00:29 by James.Lu, last changed 2012-10-06 20:27 by James.Lu. This issue is now closed.

Files
File name Uploaded Description Edit
python.exe James.Lu, 2012-04-25 00:29 the python version
Messages (7)
msg159243 - (view) Author: James Lu (James.Lu) Date: 2012-04-25 00:29
No IDLE 3.26
need badly!
High prriority
msg159254 - (view) Author: Martin v. Löwis (loewis) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-04-25 06:17
Please structure your bug report as follows:

1. this is what you did
2. this is what happened
3. this is what you want to happen instead
msg159255 - (view) Author: James Lu (James.Lu) Date: 2012-04-25 06:25
1,looked for python IDLE
2.NO python
#.use text editor (hard)
james

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Martin v. Löwis <report@bugs.python.org>wrote:

>
> Martin v. Löwis <martin@v.loewis.de> added the comment:
>
> Please structure your bug report as follows:
>
> 1. this is what you did
> 2. this is what happened
> 3. this is what you want to happen instead
>
> ----------
> nosy: +loewis
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <http://bugs.python.org/issue14667>
> _______________________________________
>
msg159256 - (view) Author: Martin v. Löwis (loewis) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-04-25 06:37
1. how did you look (what operating system, what mouse clicks?)
2. did you not find Python, or did you find Python, and it did not work?
msg159356 - (view) Author: Brian Curtin (brian.curtin) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-04-26 05:02
James, since you attached a Windows executable I'll assume that's the platform you're on.

Try the following:

1. Open the Start menu
2. Choose "All Programs" (or "Programs" on XP, I think)
3. Scroll to where you see "Python x.y", where you'll see one or more entries depending on how many versions you have installed.
4. Choose the version you want to open, e.g., Python 2.7
5. You should see "IDLE (Python GUI)" in the menu. Run it, that's IDLE.

Is there an issue with any of those steps?
msg160549 - (view) Author: James Lu (James.Lu) Date: 2012-05-13 19:00
thanks!
james

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Brian Curtin <report@bugs.python.org>wrote:

>
> Brian Curtin <brian@python.org> added the comment:
>
> James, since you attached a Windows executable I'll assume that's the
> platform you're on.
>
> Try the following:
>
> 1. Open the Start menu
> 2. Choose "All Programs" (or "Programs" on XP, I think)
> 3. Scroll to where you see "Python x.y", where you'll see one or more
> entries depending on how many versions you have installed.
> 4. Choose the version you want to open, e.g., Python 2.7
> 5. You should see "IDLE (Python GUI)" in the menu. Run it, that's IDLE.
>
> Is there an issue with any of those steps?
>
> ----------
> nosy: +brian.curtin
>
> _______________________________________
> Python tracker <report@bugs.python.org>
> <http://bugs.python.org/issue14667>
> _______________________________________
>
msg164174 - (view) Author: Roger Serwy (roger.serwy) * (Python committer) Date: 2012-06-27 17:21
James, do you have IDLE working?
History
Date User Action Args
2012-10-06 20:27:32James.Lusetresolution: works for me
2012-10-06 20:27:01James.Lusetstatus: pending -> closed
2012-06-27 17:21:09roger.serwysetstatus: open -> pending
nosy: + roger.serwy
messages: + msg164174

2012-05-13 19:00:49James.Lusetmessages: + msg160549
2012-04-26 05:02:35brian.curtinsetnosy: + brian.curtin
messages: + msg159356
2012-04-25 06:37:51loewissetmessages: + msg159256
2012-04-25 06:25:22James.Lusetmessages: + msg159255
2012-04-25 06:17:54loewissetnosy: + loewis
messages: + msg159254
2012-04-25 00:29:21James.Lucreate